Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 09:29:34 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to submit port updates (Re: ports/18502: Mutt is now at 1.2)

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 06:18:49PM -0500, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> From: "Gary Kline" <kline@tao.thought.org>
> > I could use some insight here since my muuz port will be
> > updated within the next several weeks.  Who can tell me
> > how to send patches for the Makefile and for the md5 file
> > that would be bundled in one patchfile??
> >
> To update a port I follow this procedure:
[...]
> 2. Make changes to port (muuz)

2a)  Have the MAINTAINER of the port approve your patches before you
send-pr(1) the patches.  If you submit patches and you are not the
MAINTAINER and you appear to not have contacted the MAINTAINER, the
patches cannot (well, "cannot") be committed.  You may also want to
contact the MAINTAINER before you begin to upgrade the port --- it's
possible he has already begun upgrading it or that he has already
submitted an upgrade that is sitting in the PR database.

Include a note in the actual PR saying that you have either contacted
the MAINTAINER or that the MAINTAINER is not responding to your
emails.

This step is actually fairly important.

--
Signature withheld by request of author.