Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:04:45 -0400
From:      Schiz0 <schiz0phrenic21@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Setting up a VPN

Hey,

I'm looking for information on how to setup a Virtual Private Network
on a FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE system. The only VPNs that I've worked with
previously is Hamachi on windows and linux, so I have no experience in
OpenVPN or IPSec.

The purpose of this VPN is to restrict certain things to only
administrators. For example, phpmyadmin and vsFTPd. I'd prefer not to
have these things listen on the public interface.

I read the Handbook entry on IPSec/VPNs:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ipsec.html

However, that entry only has examples for how to connect one network
to another network via FreeBSD gateways. I don't want a setup like
this; I just want the freebsd system, my windows XP system, and a few
other windows XP systems to be on a VPN together.

Can anyone link me to how-tos or any references on how to do this?
Also, any suggestions on which software to use (OpenVPN, IPSec, etc)
would be appreciated.

Thanks.