Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 08:25:59 -0400
From:      MichaelGoe@aol.com
To:        install@freebsd.org
Subject:   help with PAS16

I cannot get FreeBSD 2.1 to recognize my sound card.

I have these in the config.sys
controller snd0
device pas0 at isa? port 0x388 irq 10 confilicts drq 6 vector pasintr
device sb0 at isa? prot 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1 vectro sbintr
devise opl0 at isa? port 0x388 conflicts
options EXCLUDE_SBPRO
options "SBC_IRQ=5"

I added the conflicts foor the pas0 becuase I have a Mitsumi CD-rom on IRQ
10.  As a mounted drive the cd-rom works fine.  During boot-up, it does
recognize my sound card, however; using cdplayer it tells me that the device
is not configured, and with xcd it I get a broken pipe error.

I''ve spent days on this and any and all help would be appreciated.

Michael G.