Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:05:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz (Rudolf Cejka)
Cc:        Magnus Benngard <magnus.benngard@rixtelecom.se>
Subject:   Re: speed from ftp-master.eu.freebsd.org

Rudolf Cejka wrote:
 > Magnus Benngard wrote (2004/10/10):
 > > is that box shaped or something?
 > > i have been running at 2 mbps for hours. :(
 >
 > Hello, I do not know about anything. When I test the speed from
 > ftp-master.eu.FreeBSD.org to ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org today, I get speed about
 > 3,5 MB/s (28 Mb/s), where the distance is ~ 200 km.

Using FTP, I usually get about 2 Mbyte/s (~ 16 Mbit/s) from
ftp-master.eu to ftp7.de, which is located in the northern
parts of the German DFN-WiN university & research network.

Not that it matters much, but my guess at the geographical
distance would be about 1000 km.  ;-)

Best regards
   Oliver

"C++ is over-complicated nonsense. And Bjorn Shoestrap's book
a danger to public health. I tried reading it once, I was in
recovery for months."
        -- Cliff Sarginson