Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:35:42 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Ville Eerola <Ville.Eerola@vehome.pp.sci.fi>
To:        "Rick Glunt" <rjg@lumaxlighting.com>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: fetchmail-5.3.0

Rick Glunt writes:
> I just installed 5.3.0 and am receiving the error "Shared object
> 'libssl.so.1' not found".  Where do I get this and why isn't it included in
> the port?

What version of FreeBSD are you running? Did you install the
pre-compiled package or did you compile the port yourself?

It appears that you do not have OpenSSL installed. It is a part of the
base FreeBSD, more accurately part of the crypto related stuff.
Because of the USA crypto restrictions and RSA patents, it is not
installed by default by the FreeBSD installation, but you need to
specify whether you need the "domestic" or USA version or the
international version.

The ports system should take into account the presence or absence of
the OpenSSL package, and act accordingly when compiling the
corresponding ports. When using the pre-compiled packages, the
port-building machine configuration determines the environment, and
you should have the same parts of FreeBSD installed in your machine,
where you try to use the package.

If you do not have the OpenSSL installed, you need to get it.
Alternatively you may try to compile the port yourself. If these do
not help, please contact me again.

Regards, Ville

PS. your mail didn't appear on the FreeBSD ports list for some
reason...

--
Ville Eerola                       |  Powered by
ve@sci.fi                          |             FreeBSD