Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:45:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        wes@softweyr.com
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: accessing portal site

[I'm trimming the CC line. .. In the interest of sanity. :=) ]

On 13 Nov, Wes Peters wrote:
> Lanny Baron wrote:
>>
>>...[More triming]...
>
> No, he's just trying to get you to stop sending email that have the appearance
> of collusion with the FreeBSD Project.  If you want to send a "heads up" to
> a FreeBSD mailing list, use BCC so the person or company you're sending the
> mail to will not misconstrue your message as coming from or being approved by
> the FreeBSD Project or the Advocacy group.

I appoligize, Wes, but I must concur with Lanny.
Not that his behaviour is warrented, but he has valuable(sp?)
and at this point it looks like we are only helping M$ by
this arguement amoung us. I can take as much blame as anyone
for extending this thread.

However, the point remains - He has valuable information.
And rather than accept it, we are shooting the messenger
(along with his envelope). My point is that such information
needs a medium. Where should the medium be?

					Jessem.