Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:07:47 -0400
From:      William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com>
To:        Patrick Mahan <mahan@mahan.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do I get STARTTLS working with sendmail on FreeBSD 10.3 ?

I commented out the lines starting with checkHost, and started stunnel.
It does start, and runs as a daemon.  However, it doesn't seem to DO
anything.

However, that hasn't changed sendmail's behaviour one iota.

As far as I can tell, stunnel is a massive waste of time.

I don't really want to spend months reading all the stunnel docs to figure
out
how to get it to work with sendmail.  Sendmail is hard enough on it's own,
and
I can mostly control sendmail (well, except for the STARTTLS problem.)

Thanks,
Bill Dudley

This email is free of malware because I run Linux.