Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 16:14:55 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <root@wup.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   inn problem, don't receive news

Hi !

I'm struggeling with inn 1.5.1 on my companies FreeBSD
Gateway machine (FreeBSD-2.2-STABLE).

I only have experience with inn getting news via UUCP.
This worked fine so far. But now I deceided, to get
news faster, so our internet service provider and I
tried to change the delivery to immediate delivery.

At my site I added his site (news.technet.net) to
my sites (news.wup.de) hosts.nntp file:

##  hosts.nntp - names and addresses that feed us news
news.technet.net:

For outgoing - which is currently working well here -
I changed the entries in the newsfeeds file from:
# meservb/ddfservb.technet.net,meservb.technet.net,news.technet.net\
#       :*,!wup*,!junk,!local*,!control/!foo\
#       :Tf,Wfb:

technet/ddfservb.technet.net,meservb.technet.net,news.technet.net\
        :*,!wup*,!junk,!local*,!control/!foo\
        :Tf,Wnm:

My nntpsend.ctl file looks like this:
technet:news.technet.net:2m:

My crontab entry checks for news and deliveres every 5 Minutes ...

5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,0 * * * * /usr/local/news/bin/nntpsend technet news.technet.net

The only thing I want to now is, what might be the reason, that
I don't receive any news from him ???

What else do I have to configure, that he is allowed to send me news
using nntpsend (Netscape news server) ???

I see no debug/log file, that indicates an error....

Any thoughts ???

	Andreas Klemm ///