Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 2014 13:12:37 +0100
From:      Norman Khine <norman@khine.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   correctly configuring PF with jailed environments

hello, i have a web application running 3 jail environments one for Nginx
Web server, one for MongoDB/Redis and one for my Node.js application

this is my current pf.conf file

https://gist.github.com/nkhine/d03ea23a749c47bcc4d0

this works, as there is no access to my node app nor any of the dbs from
public interfaces.

the rules come out as

# pfctl -s rules
scrub out log on igb0 all random-id min-ttl 15 set-tos 0x1c fragment
reassemble
scrub in log on igb0 all min-ttl 15 fragment reassemble
scrub in all fragment reassemble

i find that on my webserver i get timeouts and the applicationd does not
load up quickly!

also, are there any improvements i can make to this as to ensure a more
secure environment?

any advice much appreciated

--
%>>> "".join( [ {'*':'@','^':'.'}.get(c,None) or chr(97+(ord(c)-83)%26) for