Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 14:17:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG (ISDN for BSD)
Subject:   Re: problems kompiling the kernel with i4b

Stefan Herrmann wrote:

> > Use isdnd in fullscreen mode.
>
> I tried that already, but got an error when I start isdnd that way:
>
> 	/usr/local/bin/isdnd -d 0xf9 -f -r /dev/ttyv1 -t cons25
>
> root is logged in on device /dev/ttyv1, the message in /var/log/messages looks like:
>
> "May 22 11:52:28 asterix isdnd[4160]: ERR ERROR, cannot setup tty as controlling terminal: Operation not permitted"
>
> How can I give this device permission ?

In case you want to use switch "-r" noone else _must_ use the tty you redirect
to, you have to remove the getty from the virtual terminal in /etc/ttys and
restart the init process.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
                    "Those who can, do. Those who can't, talk.