Date:      Sat,  6 Feb 1999 10:57:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Russell D. Murphy" <rdmurphy@vt.edu>
To:        Jon Bailey <jonb@matchlogic.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Thanks and RE: 2.2-stable - 3.0-stable and X

It turns out that I was setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in .xsession and had
not updated it to include the aout compatability libraries.

I've noticed a few complaints recently, so perhaps this is a good time
to say thanks to everyone who makes FreeBSD possible.  I enjoy it,
find it productive, and am quite thankful for all your efforts.

For all the warnings (and complaints), I was pleasantly suprised at
how relatively painless the transition from 2.2-stable to 3.0-stable
was.

Russ Murphy

According to Jon Bailey (February 5, 1999):
| Just a totally dumb idea, but maybe
| # xauth +localhost
| will help?

< stuff deleted >

| My bigger problem is that I can nolonger login as myself through xdm.
| I can login (non-X); I can login (X) as root.  As myself, I see fvwm
| start (sets screen color), screen flashes again, then I'm sent back to
| the login window.  I suspect something I've done is not quite kosher,
| but it was working before. . .

< stuff deleted >
-----
Russell D. Murphy
Department of Economics
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
3034 Pamplin Hall
Blacksburg, Virginia  24061-0316
(540) 231-4537
rdmurphy@vt.edu