Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:14:19 -0500
From:      bgoering@ilsmart.com
To:        Barak Enat <barak_enat@yahoo.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall and compaq smart raid disks (idad)

Hello,

I ran into a similar problem with install of 4.1 Release on a Compaq Smart
Array 431. It seems there where patches to the ida driver to recognize
controllers that probe as DEC/Compaq ....

There was a fix for it sometime AFTER 4.1 release. I didn't try your
method, but instead built floppies and did an ftp install from the
7/31/2000 stable snapshot. That worked just fine.

Btw -- thanks to all the folks that responded to my query on this problem
last week :)

Bill

Barak Enat <barak_enat@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG