Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:54:04 PST
From:      "Michael Lewis" <m1ewis@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp clients

Hello, this seems more appropriate for freebsd-newbies, but I understand
that you're not supposed to submit questions there, so...

I've just got my modem to connect to my ISP using ppp.  Now I need to be
able to use ftp.  I've never used any command-line ftp client -- just
CuteFTP (Windows) and Fetch.  I have gnome/afterstep installed, but can't
find any ftp client there (I'm having trouble navigating gnome so maybe
that's the problem).  When I look at the ftp packages on the v3.4 CDROM I
find 28 ftp's to choose from.  I've looked at ftp in the shell and have
printed the man pages for ftp.  Should I stick with shell ftp or is there
something for gnome or is one of the 28 selections on the CD better for me
to use?

thanks, Michael Lewis