Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 08:38:21 -0500
From:      exidor@superior.net (Christopher Masto)
To:        kmitch@weenix.guru.org (Keith Mitchell)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lpd - remote printing with an output filter

Keith Mitchell writes:
> > Has anyone got any problems with me making this work ?  It's always
> > irritated me !  It consists of two one-liners to printjob.c.
>
> No,  but I would like to see it happen.  I have several printers hanging off
> a HP JetDirect EX print server and there is no way to run an output filter
> on them.  Consequently, the user must KNOW not to just blindly print to it.
> (sigh).

I simply installed LPRng, which is a whole lot better and includes support
for "bounce queues" (job is filtered and then sent somewhere else).
--
Christopher Masto  .   .   .   .   Superior Net Support: support@superior.net
chris@masto.com  .   .   .   .   . Masto Consulting:           info@masto.com

On Agreement:
 If I had entered into an agreement with that man, I would be sticking my
 head in a moose
 - attributed to movie mogul Samuel Goldwyn