Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:52:48 -0800
From:      Mark Probert <probertm@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network config issue

Hi ..

I am not sure if this is a newbie's question or not.

I am running a new i386 5.3 release install.  Everything is coming up fine.
After a period of time, it varies, I will lose the ability to ping my router,
though I can get to other hosts that I know about.  The router is fine, as
the other machines can access the WAN.  The NIC is Ok, the cable, switch and
router are all OK.

When the loss happens, if I do a 'netstat -r' I get hung up on the IPv6 part.
I think that IPv6 is turned off (nothing in rc.conf).

Thanks,

-----
-mark.