Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 10:43:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        praj@nando.net (praj)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Win 95

> I have already installed freebsd on one partition of my harddisk. I have
> another partition which currently runs win 3.1. I plan to upgrade this
> partition to run Win 95. Before doing that i want to find out if this
> will create any problems with freebsd.

When you install Windows95, it will overwrite the boot selector to
get a cosmetic change on the booting message for what it assumes
is the DOS MBR.

You will need to reinstall the boot selector.

It can't hurt to get a copy of "pfdisk.exe" from the CDROM or from
the FTP site, and list and save all the information in case it
trashes the partition table as well.

You will need osbs.exe from one of the same places to reinstall the
boot selector.

To reinstall, you must boot Windows95, and select "Restart the
computer in MS-DOS mode".  This will defeat the Win95 boot sector
"virus protection" that will prevent you from reinstalling osbs
otherwise.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---