Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2003 03:19:58 +0200
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Normal build behavior

Nick Rogness wrote:

> I'm testing a perl port that I want to submit.  Before I submit it, I want
> to be sure it passes the 'Recommended test ordering' listed in the
> Porters-handbook.  In doing some testing, I looked at several other p5
> ports in ports/net.  I ran across something interesting.
>
> [...]
> 	sdn-ns# make deinstall
> 	===>  Deinstalling for net/p5-Socks
> 	===>   p5-SOCKS-0.03 has a different PREFIX: /usr/local
> 	., skipping
>
> Is this normal for deinstallation?  If I try to 'make reinstall' after
> this, it looks as if the port is STILL installed:
> [...]
>
> Is this behavior normal?  portlint says the port is OK.  Please advise.

Welcome to the new make deinstall code, your thread starts here:

<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2003-July/002759.html>;

the patch from Joe Marcus Clarke should help. But feel free to bug
portmgr@, it's broken... They are a little busy though, because
of the gcc 3.3 migration.

Regards
    Oliver