Date:              Sun, 18 Jul 99 13:57:59 EDT
From:      "Marius M. Rex" <MBKING0@VM.SC.EDU>
To:        WAYNE@CRB-WEB.COM
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:        Multiple OS's

Can the FreeBSD bootloader load multiple foriegn OS's?

Oh-yes.

My first system ran PC-DOS 7.0, Win 3.1, OS/2 Warp 4.0, and FreeBSD 2.2.5
all on one hard disk.  I used FreeBSD's standard "booteasy" to startup.

My current system runs FreeBSD 3.1-R, Linux Red Hat 5.2, and Win95 all mixed
together on two hard disks.  I have faith that the 3.2 bootloader can handle
your situation.

One gotcha- Don't place any FreeBSD partions between your linux boot
partion (/ or /boot) and any of Linux's extended partitions. It can get
ugly.