Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:04:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bradley W. Dutton" <brad-fbsd-stable@duttonbros.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.1 prerelease graid3 livelock?

Hi,

I'm experiencing a sort of livelock on a 6.1 prerelease box. It appears
all  of the IO related activity hangs but the box continues to do
routing/NAT/etc  for internet access from my other boxes. I can usually
get the lockup to occur within about 12 hours of booting.

I've narrowed down the commits to those on March 20 (kernel before then
works, kernel after then causes problems) and I think the problem is
geom/raid related. Besides a small gmirrored root partition the rest of my
partitions are all graid3. I'm not sure what information to provide to
help troubleshoot but I'm happy to do what's needed.

On an unrelated note the rebuild speed was about 50% faster on my box when
using the new geom/raid code introduced on March 20th.

Thanks,
Brad