Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 07:23:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI bounce buffers

Hello,

I have an Adaptec 1542 and 16 MB RAM.

I want to get more RAM. This means I'll have to start using bounce
buffers, or buy a newer SCSI interface (PCI, like Adaptec 2940).

Would using bounce buffers give a lot of slowdown? Is it really
worthwhile to avoid it and buy a new SCSI interface. Also, would an
Adaptec 2940 bring me a lot of extra performance when compared to my
current 1542?

I hope someone can advise me on this matter. Thanks,

Peter Mutsaers       |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |     "Quod licet bovis,
plm@xs4all.nl        |  the Netherlands    |      non licet Jovi."