Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:46:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Chad David <davidc@lodge.guild.ab.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   coda and tunX

A while back I wrote a simple IP over UDP tunnel program
using the tunX driver to solve a problem with my ISP.  It
has worked perfectly for months (we even run NFS over it).

In the last week I installed coda 5.0.1 and got it working
locally, but when I attempted to install the client on a
remote machine venus would just time out.  I am able to
connect to the test server at CMU, but it refuses to use
the tunnel interface.

I work on the remote machine by sshing onto the machine over
the tunnel, so I know it is working (NFS is mounted over it
as I write this), but coda refuses to talk?

Does anybody have any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

Chad