Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:29:04 +0000
From:      Nick Jones <nick@tachief.com>
To:        Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Loader causing reset on 4.6-STABLE

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 at 14:50:53 +0200, Thomas Quinot wrote:
> > Before loader even finishes initialising, my box just resets.  Some kind of
> > error is echoed to the screen, but I'm unable to catch exactly what it says.
>
> Can you try to boot on a serial console in order to capture that
> message?

Ahah, now why didn't I think of that? :)

Below is what's captured via serial console:

------

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.8
(nick@tachief.com, Tue Jun 18 11:49:18 BST 2002)
Console: serial port
BIOS drive A: is disk2
BIOS drive C: is disk3
BIOS 640kB/261108kB available memory

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.8
(nick@tachief.com, Tue Jun 18 11:49:18 BST 2002)
Can't work out which disk we are booting from.
Guessed BIOS device 0xffffffff not found by probes, defaulting to disk0:
Console: serial port
BIOS drive A: is disk4
BIOS drive C: is disk5
BIOS 640kB/261108kB available memory

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.8
(nick@tachief.com, Tue Jun 18 11:49:18 BST 2002)
Can't work out which disk we are booting from.
Guessed BIOS device 0xffffffff not found by probes, defaulting to disk0:
panic: free: guard1 fail @ 0x37574

------

.... and there it resets.

--