Date:      Mon, 8 May 1995 08:25:12 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil (william pechter ILEX)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: 0412SNAP - ed0 timeout

> > Strange. I thought it would become a 20 minute job to upgrade my SLIP
> > gateway machine from 1.x to 2.0-950412SNAP but something's becoming weird:
> >
> > The machine is a 386-25/8MB IDE box with a NE1000 (ed1) and a WD8013-8bit (ed0).
> > It as acting as an ethernet gateway but for getting the machine up and
> > running I only wanted to use ed0. I start /kernel -c and change irq
> > ed0 2. The card is probed correctly at 0x280. But when the ifconfig is setting
> > up the interface I'm getting a ed0: timeout. (the interface is jumpered to
> > thick wire).
> >
> You may want to change it to 9 since 2-->9.  I'm using irq9 on my WD8003
> under FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 and NetBSD 1.0.

I thought I had seen 9 in the probing message later anyway after I
chose 2 in the -c dialog. Anyway, I got around the problem by
copying a customized kernel to the system which works fine.

Justed wanted to point out a possible problem.

> Bill
>  Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  | N2RDI
>  Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
>  908-532-2369 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de BUILT-19950501 FreeBSD BUILT-19950501 #0:
Mon May  1 17:20:21 MET DST 1995     root@blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de:/usr/sr
c/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386