Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 00:55:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      rohit@cs.UMD.EDU (Rohit Dube)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        rohit@cs.UMD.EDU
Subject:   H/W recommendation

Hi,

I am trying to put together a FreeBSD system under $4000 and was wondering
if some of you could help me out with h/w recommendations which work with
stock FreeBSD.

I need  a PCI machine with
a) Pentium 120 - 166 Mhz and parity memory (motherboard)
b) SCSI-II controller
c) 2GB SCSI disk
d) 4 - 6X SCSI CD-ROM
e) 32 MB RAM
f) High quality video card 2 - 4 MB RAM
g) 17 - 20 in. display
h) 100BaseT ethernet card

Would any of you know a base machine (of-the-shelf) which came with parity
memory?

Thanks much in advance.

--rohit.
(rohit@cs.umd.edu)

PS: I would appreciate recommendations for a 4/8GB DAT Tape drive for ~$700
    and a 600 dpi medium duty postscript laser printer for ~$1000.