Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 12:36:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      ptroot@uswest.com (Paul T. Root)
To:        mac@nibsc.ac.uk
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Net connected printer

In a previous message, mac@nibsc.ac.uk said:

> >The HP JetDirect card is not a lpd server. You need software from HP
> >to talk to it. As far as I know that software is available for HP/UX,
> >SunOS and Solaris. It works quite well.
>
> I can't let this go uncorrected.  From the HP JetDirect Print Server Spftware
> Installation Guide 1995 (HP Manual Part Number J2552-90101)

Ok, egg on my face. I found it in the appendix of my manual (J2552-90001).
Cool. I'm going to have to check this out. And yes, rm and rp will make
lp ignored.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root - USWEST !NTERPRISE Networking Service	ptroot@uswest.com

How did the lawyer break his nose-- chasing a parked ambulance.