Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:40:09 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Mark Koskenmaki <mark@twin-city.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: performance/hardware requirements

>Is anyone out there currently using freebsd and a cyclades-Z or Y multiport >serial system?

Yes, we are! :)

>Also, can anyone tell me what kind of cpu and ram are necessary to support 32 ppp >connections? I'm currently using NT RAS, and wish to switch to freebsd.

Hmmm, we have 16 connections running off a P120 with 192Mb of RAM (it's also
our main web server / ftp server etc.) - no problems so far...

I'd guess anything your going to build today (i.e. P200? P2-Something) is
going to be more than quick enough...

The Z series cards are very good... I can't remember all the differences
between Y and Z, but Z is certainly good... <g>

-Kp