Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 01:52:55 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SysctlFS

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0007160046160.9967-100000@gateway.posi.net> Kelly Yancey writes:
:   I didn't mean when you mounted the jail, but rather when you mounted the
: filesystem in question (i.e. /dev or /proc). The mount flag would be used to
: indicate that is mount is to transcend jails. In other words, when building a
: list of the current mount points inside a jail, mount with this flag would
: always be included. It is arguably a hack, but I don't see why it wouldn't
: work.

You certainly don't want to do that for /dev in jails.  The whole
point of jails is that you can give them access to a small subset of
devices that are "safe".

Warner