Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:58:29 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Marwan Fayed <s0121430@cs.laurentian.ca>
Cc:        Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disappearing mount points after install

-On [20000122 20:00], Marwan Fayed (s0121430@cs.laurentian.ca) wrote:
>There have been two suggestions both very related, both of which I have
>already considered. I thought perhaps my BIOS required a DOS partition so
>I installed RedHat 6.1 to be sure. Guess what? It worked!

My past recollection of slices/partitions wrt differences in them
between FreeBSD and Linux tend me to believe you cannot compare the two
since the system which handles them is highly different.

IIRC Linux allows you to install into extended partitions.  I cannot
remember that we supported (or that it is even possible) with FreeBSD.

Of course, this may all have changed and I have not been paying
attention. =)

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd W/Asmodai         asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/B-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best