Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:35:52 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compose key and xterm vs. UTF-8

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 01:43:27PM +0100, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Roland Smith:
>=20
> > > Why do compose key sequences fail to work in a UTF-8 xterm?
> >=20
> > The port x11/rxvt-unicode is lighter on resources then xterm, and works=
 fine
> > with utf-8. (with LANG=3Den_US.UTF-8 and LC_ALL=3Den_US.UTF-8 set)
>=20
> You didn't bother to read and understand my question, did you?
> urxvt shows the same poor composing behavior for UTF-8 as xterm
> does.

Make sure that the key you designated as the multi-key really does return t=
hat keysym!
My ~/.Xmodmap contains:

    ! Use the right windows key as the Multi-key.
    keycode 0xffec =3D Multi_key Multi_key
    ! Use the left windows key as the  Meta toets
    keycode 0xffe7 =3D Meta_L

Use xev(1) to check what symbols the different keys really generate. Then e=
dit
~/.Xmodmap to suite your taste and call 'xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap' to apply the
changes. Make your X startup repeat that to make the changes permanent.

Roland
--=20

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv--