Date:      Mon, 04 Feb 2013 12:57:46 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   So I whip out a FTDI-based multiport Serial USB Adapter....

... and plug it into FreeBSD 9.1-Stable with the rev ID FreeBSD
9.1-STABLE #16 r244942

and it returns....

ugen4.4: <vendor 0x0409> at usbus4
uhub6: <vendor 0x0409 product 0x0050, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 4>
on usbus4
uhub_attach: port 1 power on failed, USB_ERR_STALLED
uhub_attach: port 2 power on failed, USB_ERR_STALLED
uhub_attach: port 3 power on failed, USB_ERR_STALLED
uhub_attach: port 4 power on failed, USB_ERR_STALLED
uhub_attach: port 5 power on failed, USB_ERR_STALLED
uhub_attach: port 6 power on failed, USB_ERR_STALLED
uhub_attach: port 7 power on failed, USB_ERR_STALLED

Yuck.

The last time it was working was on a FreeBSD 7 box (yeah, I know,
rather old) but I never had problems there.  And it appears that all of
the device declarations that I used to have to put in the kernel as
non-standard stuff are now in GENERIC, so I would expect it to work.

Ideas as to what may have gotten hosed up here?

--
-- Karl Denninger
/The Market Ticker ®/ <http://market-ticker.org>;