Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:53:41 -0400
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: looking for a port for asterisk

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 01:43 AM, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> I did this mid of July for a Port. But there is still no response
> to it. There are New Port from mid April that are still not included
> in the Ports Tree.

True.  It helps to send a reminder (preferably an URL pointing to the
PR) every once in a while.

> Why should someone go through the trouble of creating a Port
> when in takes Month to be included in the Tree.

For themselves, of course.  You can create and use a port yourself even
if it hasn't been committed to the FreeBSD ports collection.

It would be nice if new port submissions were committed more quickly,
or at least would receive a note that the submission has been seen by a
human and is under review, but things take as long as they take.

--
-Chuck