Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 11:47:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kevin Leung <kleung@padc22.pa.dec.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Q: how to setup pccardd services for dhcp on laptop?

I forgot the procedure to setup networking on a laptop by way of
pccard.

nic: 3Com Megahertz 589E

I am getting the following error message.

/kernel: Card instered, slot 1
pccardd[58]: driver allocation failed for 3Com

i only have the this one pccard related entry in /etc/rc.conf,
nothing else has been done.

pccard_enable="YES"

I want to set the laptop with DHCP.  Thank you for any help you
can provide.  I am not sure where to find documentation on
this.

 -Kevin