Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 1999 23:55:13 GMT
From:      coop@netdoor.com (Randy Cooper)
To:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   install problem

Help Please,
  I've spent the weekend trying to install my new FreeBSD 3.1 system
with no success.  My system is a Pentium 120mhz, 32meg ram, Western
Digital IDE hard drives, ATI All-In-Wonder Pro 8meg video, Intel
motherboard, NEC 260 CD rom, and generic digital monitor.
  I've made the two boot floppies and they seem to work ok.  From
power off, with the install cd in the drive and the boot floppy in the
A drive, things proceed normally.  The boot disk finishes and asks for
the MFS disk.  It finds my hard drives, floppy, ether net card,etc.
and goes to the configuration screen.  When this is complete a blue
screen with "Probing hardware devices" comes up.  After about 5
seconds I get the following panic message:

	Panic: VM_Fault: fault on no fault entry; addr 17e8000

I've tried disabling the potential conflicts from the configuration
screen (none of them apply to my system) and just hitting enter at
this screen.  No difference.
  Any help would be much appreciated,

Randy Cooper
coop@netdoor.com