Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:27:45 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        sound@FreeBSD.org, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ekiga's audio input: dsp0.0?

Hello!

I'm struggling with configuring Ekiga's (former gnomemeeting) to work with my
microphone on FreeBSD-6.2-stable/amd64.

Ekiga has a "test settings" buttons (under the configuration druid), but it
never plays back anything, that I say into the microphone (I tried two of
those already).

Ekiga is trying to use /dev/dsp0.0. Is that the right device? Sound(4) says,
dsprM.N should be used for input -- do I need to force ekiga into using that?

I know, the sound itself works -- including from ekiga -- because I can "test
play" the various sounds, that come with the application.

Does anyone have ekiga working right on FreeBSD-6 (the port's maintainer has
already told me, he no longer uses the software)? Thanks!

	-mi

P.S. I use the snd_ich audio module. My /dev/sndstat reads:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <AMD-8111> at io 0xc800, 0xcc00 irq 17 bufsz 16384 kld snd_ich (1p/1r/2v
channels duplex default)