Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 1996 14:08:56 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        ian@gamespot.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: booteasy chokes on 4 gig barracuda

> I've got the 4 gig seagate st15150N -- now I see in the archives that
> fbsd historically (January '95 in the archives!) does'nt like disks > 2 gig
> (really??) -- well, I'm currently gonna slice it up and see if that'll take.
> Anybody had a workaround for this?

I find this hard to believe as well - Walnut Creek have been using
a 9G drive for Usenet for something like a year, so I'm told.
(The reason why it didn't work in Jan 95 was probably because
no-one had a disk that big to test it on!).

In any case, it's always a good idea to put as many partitions (in
the FreeBSD sense) as you can on a disk, as it reduces the potential
for loss if anything goes wrong.  (Don't forget your data is only
as good as your last backup!)