Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:32:47 +0100
From:      Hannes Mayer <h.mayer@inode.at>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Parallel Port Interrupt Handler in Kernel Module

Hi all!

I'm new to FreeBSD - installed it 3 days ago :-)

I'm trying to capture the parallel port interrupt in a kernel module.
First I compiled the "skeleton" from:
http://freebsd.active-venture.com/arch-handbook/driverbasics-kld.html
and it works well.

Then I googled on how to setup the interrupt handler, also looked at
the device driver sources of the parallel port driver and I found
that BUS_SETUP_INTR is used to setup the handler.

But now after 5 hours and more googling I'm still clueless on how to
implement BUS_SETUP_INTR in the "skeleton".

Is anyone willing to share an example of a kernel module with basic
interrupt handling ?

In linux it was pretty easy (even with RTAI in hard real time)
(see: http://www.captain.at/programming/rtai/parportint.php )
but here I'm lost.

Thanks a lot in advance & best regards,
Hannes.