Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 20:35:37 +0200
From:      marius@alchemy.franken.de
To:        jwh0014@unt.edu
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic on Boot w/ Tyan 2466N

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 11:29:30AM -0600, jwh0014@unt.edu wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
>    I am running a Tyan S2466N with a single processor and receive the following
> panic upon booting from the FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE disc:
>
> panic:   resource_list_alloc: resource entry is busy
>
> Which device is this refering to and how can I fix this?

did you try to run a smp enabled kernel ?
i'm running 4-stable on a tyan s2462, when i tried to install 4.4-release
an up kernel also simply refused to run (i can't remember the exact
problem) but it worked with a smp kernel.
i think this is apic related and apic is turned on in smp kernels.
a while ago there was suggested on freebsd-smp to compile the kernel with
DISABLE_PSE for (tyan) k7 dual boards but i'm not aware of it's effect
nor did i try that.