Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:20:00 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV
Cc:        bmah@california.sandia.gov, bauer@cc.univie.ac.at, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6

> I ran across a few problems after I remade world.  The new scoped
> address syntax breaks /etc/rc.network6.  In particular, some lines that
> look like:

Sorry not to announce it yet, but scoped addr format will
still change, like below.

   addr%scope

I'll send another mail to describe it in next to this mail.

When this change happens, those problems will be resolved.

> Finally, could you say whether or not lo0 should really be the default
> value for ipv6_default_interface in /etc/defaults/rc.conf?  I have this
> vague feeling it's wrong but I don't know enough to say why:
>
> > +ipv6_default_interface="lo0"	# Default output interface for scoped addrs.

Maybe your concern is that packets to the default interface
should be sent out to outside of host, at least?
On the other hand, I thought there should be some default
interface by default, but I afraid that an approach of just
choosing some interface as default interface might be end up
to choose non working interface.
But now I feel choosing lo0 approach is also somewhat strange.

So I'll try following approach.

  -"ipv6_default_interface" is empty by default
  -When all of "ipv6_network_interfaces", "gif_interfaces",
   and "ipv6_default_interface" are empty, then there will be
   no default interface
  -When "ipv6_default_interface" are empty but
   "ipv6_network_interfaces" and/or "gif_interfaces" is not empty,
   then choose one default interface from there.

Thanks,
Yoshinobu Inoue