Date:      Sun, 02 Dec 2007 14:48:11 -0800
From:      Brian <bri@brianwhalen.net>
To:        GP <godpost@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP needed by experienced porter for simple review

GP wrote:
>> You should not make changes to /etc/rc.conf at all from a port. Please
>> remove that before submitting.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Doug
>
> Thanks I will, but how should it be done? I must be there for it to work?
Many ports need  this to work, sadly it is often not mentioned at the
end of make install or the pkg_add.  I would love for it to say
something like this.  We need to make this easier to use when possible.
In order for the install of "port name" to work, it should be activated
via /etc.rc.conf, would you like for this modification to be made for
you?  If you type y, /etc/rconf will have the following line added.
portname_enable="YES" [y n]