Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:53:53 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Robert Morris <libmrbob@mail.yell.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: it screwed with mr bob

On Wed, Sep 17, 1997 at 06:47:04PM -0700, Robert Morris wrote:
> fine..i d/l this boot disk..run it , then it wont let me do anything
> else???..no DOS no windows.. I had to reformat my HDD and lost $$$ worth
> of software....
> Just kept prompting me for that damn BOOT DISK when I turned on my
> computer??????????

What are you talking about?

> you need to have specific areas to work on here, badly

Maybe you should state them, then.  I'll state the areas that you
should work on:

1.  Description.
2.  RTFM.
3.  Backup before you install an operating system.
4.  Spelling.
5.  Punctuation.
6.  Politeness.
7.  Error recovery.  I'll wager that the most stupid thing you did was
    to reformat your disk.

FreeBSD installs very easily for just about everybody.  Occasionally
they run into hardware compatibility problems.  Occasionally, like
you, they screw up.  Unlike you, they very seldom blame us for their
own mistakes.

If you approached the installation with the same care with which you
prepared this message, I'm not surprised you screwed up.

Greg