Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 1997 01:25:57 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need source...

In message <199710172034.OAA21410@rocky.mt.sri.com> Nate Williams writes:
: Then you probably have enough room for X.  The double-space under Win95
: was the biggest factor in me being able to get both on the 800MB.  (That
: and the fact that I don't do a whole lot under '95).

OK.  I'll give it a try.  I'm using about 400M (says 327M free) of the
drive right now for Win95 and other sw for work.  That should leave
approx 600-700M for FreeBSD, which should be enough, no?

: We got Japanese units, since that's all that was available.  I'm sure
: larger keys would help, although we have another box from there, and it
: has about a 25% larger keyboard, and it's still annoying to use.  I
: would think the keyboard needs to be about 33% bigger than the Libretto
: for it to be useful a 'regular' laptop.

Like I said, I'm getting used to it.  However, the keyboard I'm typing
on now lets me do things about twice as fast (just the standard PC
keyboard).  I've found that I'm rarely limited by the speed I can type
for 80% of the programming I do, esp debugging.  That other 20%,
however, and the Libretto isn't the ideal tool for the job....  It is
nice to have something that small, since I can take it anywhere, but
it isn't a tech writer's machine.  That's for sure.

Warner