Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:41:20 -0400
From:      ick@bellsouth.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install from Walnut Creek CDROM on "D" drive question

I've been trying to install from my CDROM (boot) to the "D" drive
(wd1).  Win95 currently resides on the "C" drive and I'm looking to
make all of "D" the FreeBSD drive.

However, during the install I get the following error message:

	"Error mounting /dev/wcd0c on /dist: Input/Output error (5)
	===================================(100%)==
	                                    [OK]
			         press enter to continue

I have not used any of the "C" (wd0) drive space at all for the
install.  I'm also trying to install the BootMgr.

My question is:  Do I need to allocate some of the wd0 drive ?  The
message above leads me to believe I do.

I really want to have the ability to boot to Win95 from "C" and
FreeBSD from "D".

Thanks for any help you can provide a *really* old mainframe type.

Cheers......Irv