Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:03:15 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network problem with Laptop/Current.

In message <19990426121343.B375@remarq.com> Ade Lovett writes:
: Does phase 2 include the initial beginnings of support for multifunction
: pccards?  At the very least, some infrastructure to allow devices to
: request a second IO window would be very useful -- at the moment, the
: xe Xircom driver needs some relatively disgusting hacks to claim other
: 16 byte IO window, hampered by the fact that pcic_io() always seems to
: return success for a window mapping, even if the range happens to be
: being used by another (eg: ISA) device.

Yes.  The plan is to make them just like normal devices, rather than
bastard step children that are somewhat restricted in what they can
do.  I'm not completely sure the best approach to the multiple
function, mind you, but I do know that the newbus stuff makes things
like that a whole lot easier.

Warner