Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 07:04:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      bill <billt@what.ifelse.org>
To:        marc vermeirssen <m.vermeirssen@ebi.be>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: video

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, marc vermeirssen wrote:

> I have two Video Cards (ATI Rage 128 GL(32MB) and NVIDIA RAGE 128 (32
> MB)). I installed them both in my
> computer but when setup the XServer in Freebsd it doesn't work.
> What can I do to get it work. What is the best card ! What is the
> sequence when I download a driver
> of the installation process. (I am a newbie)

Hi,

I'm using an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro 32MB and specify the "ati" driver
under XFree 4.0.2. That driver _should_ work for your ATI Rage 128 card. I
believe, but am not sure that under 4.0.1 the driver is called "r128" for
the Rage 128's.

In my XFree86 Config file, the video device is specified like this:

  Section "Device"
      Identifier  "ATI Wonder SVGA"
      Driver      "ati"
     #VideoRam    32768
     #Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
  EndSection

My whole config file is here: <http://www.ifelse.org/video/>; as I was
getting some help a while back... maybe it will be useful for you. But if
you just plop it into your setup, make sure to change the monitor syncs
and mouse/kbds to yours.

Don't know much about your other card.

HTH,
Bill