Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:42:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Dave Alderman <dave@persprog.com>
Cc:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>, Howard Lew <hlew@www2.shoppersnet.com>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: K5 clock speeds (Was: Re: K6-200 Has anyone ...)

Well -- the upshot of all this is:

I flashed the bios simply because ASUS said it was necessary. It did
not fail. BTW -- it wasn't fear of flashing the bios -- it was a
reluctance to disassemble the machine.

At any rate - this T2P4 is jumpered at 66Mhz/2.5x and the chip is
correctly recognized as a PR166. Kernel compile took about 4 minutes.

-- Jay