Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:30:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, hoek@hwcn.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fnord0: disabled, not probed.

> Naw.  The correct way to fix them involves the load-reject-and-unload
> dynamic driver interface you're so fond of.  Then this message goes
> away anyhow since there's no such thing as a "disabled" driver in that
> context and you've really saved yourself nothing by keeping it.  All
> it's reminding us of is the fact that we need to substantially
> rearchitect our device driver subsystem and we get plenty of reminders
> of that from other sources already. :-)

Yes, but the boot messsage source is apparently the only one that's
annoying enough to actually motivate anyone to actually change code.
Since we've finally located the holy grail of motivation in this case,
shouldn't it be used as a tool, rather than buried where no one will
ever find it again?  Shades of Jimmy Hoffa...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.