Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:31:57 -0400
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        Peter Kok <cckok00@stlinux.ouhk.edu.hk>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: hotmail

As far as I know, the bug was in the software that was running the web
interface, not a bug in the OS.  It basically assumed if you were at a
url on hotmail that was a postlogin url, then you must've been
authenticated already.  BTW, this would be more germaine on
security@freebsd.org

Peter Kok wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I heard from news that hotmail was broken and the service was forced to
> stop about two hours.  As i know hotmail is operated by freebsd.  Is it
> about the security of freebsd?
> Now I would like to know more about security of freebsd.
>
> thank you
>
> regards
> Peter

Laurence Berland, Stuyvesant HS Debate
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Windows 98: n.
        useless extension to a minor patch release for
        32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a
        16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system
        originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,
        written by a 2-bit company that can't stand for
        1 bit of competition.
http://stuy.debate.net
icq #7434346                    aol imer E1101
The above email Copyright (C) 1999 Laurence Berland
All rights reserved