Date:      28 May 2003 13:02:49 +1000
From:      Q <q_dolan@yahoo.com.au>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: policy on GPL'd drivers?

I have been burnt by this in the past also. I think that it would be
useful if you could allow kernel modules to be bound to a particular
kernel "version/date/whatever", and have external modules refuse to load
and/or complain if the kernel is upgraded. This should prevent
unnecessary kernel panics when you upgrade. The Linux kernel has been
doing this for years.

Seeya...Q

--
Seeya...Q

                          _____  /   Quinton Dolan -  q@OntheNet.com.au
     /    __  /   _/    /      /         Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
  __/  __/ __/ ____/   /   -  /             Ph: +61 419 729 806
                            _\