Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:37:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "jamgill@uu.net" <jamgill@UU.NET>
To:        "F.Xavier Noria" <fxn@isoco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Checksum mismatch for tramp.tar.gz

If you know the file that is being pulled down is the right one (perhaps
the tarball has been updated by the author?) you can execute

# make NO_CHECKSUM=YES

I would think that emailing the port maintainer would be a good idea after
you have:
 a) made sure you're using the most recent port
	see: http://www.freebsddiary.org/ports.php
 b) made sure you're pulling down the correct file
	e.g. barfoo.tgz has been updated to 1.0.14 and your version of the
port specifies use of 1.0.13 (but the tarball name hasn't changed for
whatever reason).

with those checks in place, emailing a heads up to the port maintainer
would be a good and helpful thing.

--gill

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, F.Xavier Noria wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:29:14 -0600
> Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org> wrote:
>
> : You should `rm /usr/ports/distfiles/tramp.tar.gz` (if that's the location
> : of the tar.gz) and issue a make again from /usr/ports/net/tramp which will
> : attempt to pull a new copy of the file down.
>
> Keeps on failing, should I send a message to its porter?
>
> -- fxn

--gill  | Tatu Ylonen, SSH 1.2.12 README:  "Beware that the most effective