Date:      Sat, 17 Jan 1998 16:29:49 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why no sys/setjmp.h?

> Why should that be the point?  You're making assumptions despite the
> fact that I've indicated that this isn't the way I'm using them.

Look.  C doesn't have an exception handling mechanism.  Don't program
as if it did, and you will end up with better code.  It's silly to
act as if, just because you can unwind your stack, that you should
program as if you expect to need to do so.

> You mentioned the names.  You didn't (and IMO can't) indicate how
> they'd solve the problem I described.

Describe the problem in more detail.  I'll give you a more detailed answer.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.